Charlotte Tilbury Beauty has been one of the most in-demand brands for years. Founded by British make up artist Charlotte Tilbury, they are known for their easy-to-use, gorgeous make up products and scientifically backed skincare – all developed around Tilbury’s beauty secrets and 28 years of experience working in fashion, editorial, runway and the red carpet.
And now, they have finally hit Australian shores, exclusively through MECCA! Rather than having to guess foundation matches or watching a hundred review videos to figure out if a product will work for us, people are now able to try things in store or get a shade match from MECCA’s artistry team.
There’s been some fun in-store promotions as well as huge range now available on their website. For those who (like me) have never tried Charlotte Tilbury before and are unsure of where to start, read on for five of their best sellers!
Airbrush Flawless Foundation
One of Charlotte Tilbury‘s most famous, the Airbush Flawless Foundation has 44 shades with a stay-all-day, weightless, full-coverage, natural matte finish. It has the skincare benefits of a serum too – fusing hydrating, anti-aging and anti-pollution ingredients.
- 2% REPLEXIUM™: significantly reduces the appearance of wrinkles by up to 22% after 8 weeks of use!
- Magic MossCellTec™: No. 1 to boost hydration by up to +216%
- C.T. DEFENCE™: a power peptide that defends against urban pollution
- AirCool™: provides a lasting fresh feel to combat the effects of humidity and sweat
Cheek to Chic Blush
This gorgeous two-tone powder blush will both highlight skin and give a pretty, complexion enhancing flush. The design allows you to customise the tone and build up colour as needed. With nine different shades to choose from, their most famous is definitely the original Pillow Talk, or the Pillow Talk Intense (pictured above) for something a little deeper.
- Light flex technology: captures and reflects light for a glowing complexion.
- Colour-rich pigments: are rolled into finely crushed pearls that buff and smooth your skin for excellent blendability and flawless colour uniformity.
Charlotte’s Magic Cream
Originally created backstage to help prep models’ skin prior to fashion shows, this formula is infused with a ‘magic 8’ of skincare ingredients to provide moisture and transform the appearance of tired, dull skin for a glowing, dewy canvas. You’ll be pleased to find out that they also have Magic Cream Refills available.
- Bionymph peptide: a miracle peptide blend that helps to condition for smoother, plumper looking skin
- Vitamins C & E: work in tandem to brighten the look of your complexion and even the appearance of the skin tone, helping to transform the look of tired, dull looking skin
- Rosehip oil: a source of natural linoleic acid that helps revitalise and balance the look of skin
- Hyaluronic acid: a research-powered humectant that helps keep skin hydrated for up to 24 hours
- Frangipani flower extract: a floral extract with moisturising benefits, that also provides a delicate, calming fragrance
- Camellia oil: hydrates and nourishes the skin for a dewy-looking complexion
- Aloe vera: calming, smoothing, moisturising properties
- Shea butter: nourishes and softens the skin for a gorgeous, supple effect.
Matte Revolution Lipstick (Pillowtalk)
It’s hard to talk about Charlotte Tilbury without mention of her super-famous lipstick line – in particular the Matte Revolution Lipstick in the shade Pillow Talk. Using 3D glowing pigments, this has a cashmere soft formula without a lit-from-within glow.
The bullet also has an interested squared shape, intended to mimic a lip brush and allows for a more precise application. There are twenty shades to be choosing from, whether it’s the classic Pillow Talk or the vampy Walk of No Shame.
Pillowtalk Push Up Lashes
And finally, a new addition to the ‘Pillow Talk’ range (though admittedly having very little to do with the original), the Pillow Talk Push Up Lashes mascara claims to lift, define and create volume for an amplified eye look. It’s available in one shade (jet black) to enhance the look of your natural eye colour.
- Push up lash-lifting polymer: derived from the Larch Tree, this natural gummy stretch & flex film former helps create a push up vertical lift and hold of the lashes.
- Lightweight natural waxes: carnauba wax also known as the ‘Queen of Waxes’ and Microcrystalline wax add body and texture to the formula for weightless volume and a false lash finish.
- Kerestore™ 2.0: creates a super-strong conditioning effect on individual hair fibres to create a thicker-look and feel on the lashes.
Have you decided on what to try out at Charlotte Tilbury yet? I’m so excited to see them come to Australian shores. I’d swatched their lipsticks in the past while I was in Europe, but have never been able to ‘make the plunge’ – it’s a luxury brand, after all, and blindly buying things is just not going to work!
Once our state lockdowns are cleared up (and it’s safer to go outside), I’ll definitely be diving into the Airbrush Flawless Foundation, Chic to Chic Blush, Matte Revolution Lipsticks and, of course, the Luxury Palette quads – I got my eye on them!