Updated as of 8 March 2020
The majority of the posts on this blog are product reviews, which are rated based off of my personal experiences. However, it is also important to keep in mind my own skin type and circumstances, as well as the rating system that I’m working on. Please note that this ranking system was not in use for earlier posts and may be updated at any time.
When reading reviews and making purchasing decisions, please keep in mind the below information.
- Age: 28
- Skin Type: Combination-Oily
- Primary skin concerns: Hormonal acne, Excess oil production, Pigmentation and Enlarged pores
- Foundation shade: Korean Shade 21, MAC N4.5, YSL All Hours B10, Estee Lauder Double Wear 1C1
- Make up preferences: Strong colour make up, natural matte foundation, medium to deep lip shades
Every claim or trait of the product (packaging, price point, pigmentation, hydration etc) is ranked on a scale of 1-5:
- 1: Poor
- 2: Below Average
- 3: Average
- 4: Good
- 5: Excellent
After all of these traits are added together, they are ranked again on a scale of 1-10. The results of these can vary as some products may be weaker in certain areas and stronger in others, but this number is good to use as a general overview:
- 1-5: Poor
- 6-7: Average
- 8-9: Good
- 10: Excellent
- Top Review: This category is reserved only for products rated from 9-10 points (no exceptions)
Aside from these numbers, it is also important to note the listed pros and cons, as well as the final recommendation at the end as they essentially summarise the full review.
If you have any questions in regards to this ranking, then please feel free to contact me as I am happy to help in any way.